Re: Music Notation symbols for loops?

It's always challenging to use traditional notation practices with a
non-tradition "aural" artform (aurtform?).  To clarify, are you saying
that you want the sheet music to show every measure of the piece, as if it
was taken from a full score that shows all of the parts?

If I were to actually notate a bass part that way, I might simply include
the particular groove notated in its entirety at the beginning of each
section, and then use the traditional symbol that indicates repeating a
pattern, bracketing the number of measures that represents the length of
the groove each time the groove is replayed.

For example, if the groove pattern is four measures long, I would score it
out at each occurence the first time it is played, and then bracket the
next four measures and put a large symbol in the middle of those four
measures indicating that the groove pattern should be repeated.  And so
forth bracketing each four measures as the piece continues, until the
groove changes when I would do the same thing again for the new groove.

But I'm sure there may be another way to do it that works even better.

Peace,
Michael Carlson
3x09