Re: Cloud loops on the GR55

Hey Mark,

I use only the expression pedal and I assign it at several "assigns"
to several complementary parameters, with specific scaling for each
parameter of course. For a delay module I typically target Volume,
Feedback and wet/dry Balance. With the appropriate scaling this givs
you a volume pedal that when backed off (toe-up) fades in a frozen
delay loop of what you were playing as you did the toe-up action. From
this frozen loop state you can start playing something on the guitar
(which won't be heard as the volume pedal is silencing you instument
at toe-up position) and when you slowly lower the pedal the frozen
loop will resolve into what you are playing live that is being faded
in. At the middle position you have a very long delay applied to a
somewhat lower mixed instrument. This routing offers a fat
musical-tricks-bag while still being very simple.

I don't recall exact details, I never do because parameters with
identical functions have different names in different modules. The
delay in the GR55 is not very good though; noise artefacts happen when
parameter are modulated seamlessly. I regard the fidelity under what
is acceptable, but I did try to set up the above thingy just to
explore the units capacity and it works well.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen