Looper's Delight Archive Top (Search)
Date Index
Thread Index
Author Index
Looper's Delight Home
Mailing List Info

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: LP1 for sale

thanks for the thoughts, all...  (and future ones)

yeh, I'm almost daring someone to buy it with that pitch :)     


On 7/12/2013 3:01 PM, Andrrew Owens wrote:
Honesty is the best policy lol, but those of us in LP 1 land already know all the issues and stubbornly continue, why I have no idea, I guess I'm just too lazy to reprogram all the midi commands on another unit. Its easy to get the different software versions, and I 've never heard of a hardware issue keeping yhe unit from changing vers, but yes every ver is pretty much a world all unto itself. Lots of old commands get taken out, quite an issue for me. 

I think the only thing that could make it worse is the current release of the code, or was that Lp2 only?

Andy not butler

On Jul 12, 2013, at 5:32 PM, David Lamkins <david@lamkins.net> wrote:

Didn't someone mention that Bob is out of the country on business (for his day job) on an assignment somewhere?

I think we're all kind of stuck until (and if) he gets back to Looperlative.

I agree with what Mark said: you're probably better off holding onto the unit until (and if) it can be repaired rather than trying to sell at a loss a (no offense) unit that doesn't work properly. Also, as a sanity check: what are fully-functional fetching on the used market?

Just checking: How have you attempted to change the OS version? I have had problems getting most OS versions loaded onto my unit, but it always seemed to be able to load the "current" version from the server over the `net interface. (I just hope that server is still up and running...)

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
I dont feel that a queue will form after that build up...

Dont you think you should give the return for repair route a go? It might take a while, but surely it would be a better sale if it was a unit without "issues"?

Just my 5 kroners..


On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Rob Campbell <rcc@pobox.com> wrote:
I've got a Looperlative LP-1 available.

It has a few issues....   after a motherboard replacement 2-3 years ago that left it at OS version 1.38F  (that OS version never released I think),  much later I realized I could not upgrade/downgrade the OS, seems to be a bug in that that version.

The motherboard was replaced in a vain attempt to solve a problem that finally turned out to be a failed power supply. sigh.  As a result I have spent $1800 total on this device, ouch.   But it is essentially a new machine as of the date of the board replacement (the entire guts)

I found out about the upgrade/downgrade issue after I sold it earlier this year to a person who later discovered the problem, so I took it back and refunded his money.

Based on observations of the forum and this list, it seemed pointless to even try to ask for any attention from Bob Amstadt. And since he completely nuked the user forum as well, I am now cut off from the other users on that forum.

Now I have yet another issue that just started.... the unit seems to be going to sleep somehow when no audio is being processed. This happens after a short time of inactivity,  I have to play a note on my guitar to wake it up (which produces no sound) and then it kicks in and works fine again.

Given these issues, I will let it go for $700.  I'm in Seattle.