Re: Boomerang survey - please respond

On 19/05/2014 22:12, Grant wrote:
Yes, but I think the problem may be relative to what?

Relative to the start point of the master loop.
(that's what we are talking about here, parallel loops)

The reason there's users asking for this feature is because
they are used to it being included on other devices.

Point one is that to wait for a loop boundary before record
starts is un-musical.

To allow a synced loop to be recorded starting at an arbitrary
point is a basic feature.

You're quite right that this then creates more problems,
which maybe the user did not anticipate, generally a manufacturer
follows the path of fixing the issues that arise until
the users stop complaining.
(if they listen to users)

afaik only the EDP goes as far as to include a Re-Align function
so that a synced loop that has been de-synced with Reverse(or whatever)
can be put back into it's original alignment with whatever it was synced
to.

Generally you'd expect that if a master loop(or other sync source)
 was running and you
started a loop that had been recorded synced it
would be perfectly in time.

andy