Re: Boomerang survey - please respond

I’m so excited that Mike et al. are finally considering this!!!!

In sum:
Method #3

More detailed:
Let’s first look at some reasons for wanting to enter [STACK/ OVERDUB
MODE] mode immediately at [LOOP END]:
a) Flow
- as us loopers know, it’s crucial to keep things moving and changing—
especially at the beginning! most people do not have our tolerance for
repetition.
b) Signal Smoothness
- hard cuts on delay and reverb trails reveal the seams and can take a
listener out of it
c) Volume/ dynamics smoothness
- sometimes by the end of the loop, especially in long loops, the volume
of what is being played at the end doesn’t match what it was at the start
(inadvertently, by some psychological magic :D ). going right into [STACK]
mode can smooth this out.

So there are some real good reasons for entering [STACK MODE] at [LOOP
END], which I will call [AUTO-STACK] henceforth.

[AUTO-STACK] is currently possible, but the [STACK BUTTON] must be pressed
before [LOOP END].
This sounds easy in writing, and maybe it is easy for some, but I have
terribly difficult time accomplishing this.
My brain is focused on the music. Many times I don’t even know what I’m
about to play beyond the initial note or chord.
I consistently forget to hit [STACK] and even when I do remember, having
to move my foot in some awkward, balancing act, tap dance often leads to
screwing up the loop, either musically or temporally.
And the initial loop is the most critical— musically and temporally.

So I support Method #3
I think [AUTO-STACK] should be a 2-tap operation on the same button so
that the foot can remain in the same location.
And there should not be a hold function because some users (read: me :D)
may wish to keep the foot down in-place until ready for the 2nd tap (a la
drummers on the kick drum).
It’s the least physical and mental effort, which is the current problem.

Thanks all,
-Jason