Re: Boomerang survey - please respond

On May 29, 2014, at 5:48 PM, Mark Hamburg <mark@grubmah.com> wrote:

> Side note: In my overly long and hence incomplete (and not published)
> analysis of the design space around looper controls, I concluded that
> for two-button loopers the sweet spot is distinctly around
> rec/stack/play/stack/play/... on one button and
> rec/play/stop/play/stop/play/... on the other.
>
> But the Boomerang III is more of a one button looper with extra effects.
> To the extent that it focuses on phrases more than stacking on a single
> loop, rec/play/stop/play/... makes the most sense.

This doesn’t mean I don’t want a way to at least overlap the end of the
loop. I just note that with only taps available, a phrase-oriented looper
is probably best suited toward a rec/play/stop/play/stop/… sequence which
is what the Boomerang currently offers. So, points for doing the logical
thing but frustration when it comes to needing to get some overlap. I look
forward to this thread turning into a solution.

Mark