Re: Question on EDP: Non volatile memory?

>>Mark, you probably meant to say volatile here? The EDP uses DRAM on
>>old-school 30 pin SIMMS, so it forgets when it gets powered off.
>
>How important is this non volatiliy?
>We have been thinking about creating some kind of an upgrade kit that
>connects to the SIMM sockets but holds some non volatile memory.
>How many of you would be interested in spending  $100-200 for this?
>--

Having just replied that the issue of volatility probably isn't as crucial
as we might think, it'd still be nice to be able to save/load them loops at
times...

I'd be interested in that price point, but would be definitely more
interested if the interface was some sort of fast removable media that
could used as storage and/or memory. Can the EDP address more memory space
than the maxxed out SIMMS currently allow? Obviously something like this
would cost more, but be well worth it.

Best-

Mark