Re: beatsync filters

Hi all,

I figured I'd jump Into this discussion sooner or later but I kept putting it off.

I have an Adrenalinn II (actually it's an Adrenalinn I with the software upgrade
to the ll's identical functionality). I have it in my smaller rig and have been quite
impressed with Roger Linn's genius for all that it does. It's pretty darn small
and there's an awful lot packed in there. I bought it from a fellow looper on
this list for a very reasonable price a year or two ago and have been most happy.
My only gripe with it would be that the programming is made somewhat more difficult
by the limited interface -- only a small LED readout and a very few buttons and
knobs that each control multiple functions and parameters at different times.
I'm not a programming genius and get discouraged when faced with knobs
and buttons that have half a dozen possible uses each that you have to
remember. But, I suppose that's how they made it all affordable.

How I've been using it -- I run a second guitar signal path from the "tuner" out
of my main Ernie Ball Volume pedal to another EB volume pedal which feeds the
Adrenalinn II. Downstream from the Adrenalinn is an Alesis Bitrman and an Ineko
and the stereo output of all that goes to an AUX in on my amp. This way I can
can have either one (looping or Adrenalized) or both guitar signal paths going
whenever I want. The Bitrman and Ineko do some really sick, sick, sick things
to the output of the already pretty whacky Adrenalinn. And, with their knobs
and buttons I get some extra control and tweakage over the Adrenalinn's
output in a live setting that would ordinarily not be feasible.

I wish I had some MP3s to share of this. Well, actually I used it a tiny bit at last
year's Y2K5 fest. So, somewhere in the online recordings of that is burried just
a taste of what I'm talking about. However, you'd have to listen to several minutes
of me doing other things (struggling actually -- unsuccessfully, I'm afraid, as it was
not a very inspired evening for me) before I get around to playing with the Linn
device at all. Use your imagination. It's a lot of fun. And, I simply keep the two
signal paths (looping and Adrenalized) synced by setting them up with similar
BPM settings. It works pretty well, better than I imagined it would.

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn