Re: Thoughts on the Eclipse, Fireworx, G-Force, and PCM81

Iím kinda surprised that no oneís responded to this idea:†
Get Max/MSP aces to build what you need, or share what theyíve already built, and use these in Maxís free runtime environment, at least until you decide that you MUST get out your own hammers and screwdrivers.†

Iím very fond of it,†altho Iíve never fully implemented it. I did once post a request on a Max forum for max developers regarding what I thought was a simple project, after downloading the demo and hitting a brick wall almost immediately with doing something on my own. I got a LOT of responses from folks eager to help out for reasonable dough. Unfortunately, the guy I settled on seems to have not been able to make what I wanted after all, and the project ran out of steam. But I still plan to try again someday. I like the notion of sending a friendly/savvy someone who gets what Iím about a few $$ now and then to build or tweak me a unique toy over dropping +/-$500 on a tool Iíd need to spend months learning to use clumsily and really only want a few things from.

Anybody else getting joy out of runtime Max?
dc

(Sorry; canít resist asking Kris: What about Pluggo?? ďMaxĒ fx fun....!)