Re: DL4 and high level signal...

i'm running my DL4 through a switchblade. i have a bunch of different
settings for it. one setting is gtr to DL4, another is gtr to ART SGX2000
H3000 harmonizer to DL4 to echoplex to amp (in stereo). and another is gtr
to H3000 to DL4 to amp. no distortion at all.

thought you'd like to know.

klowy

> Is there any sort of clip indicator on the DL4, or are you just
>hearing the distortion? rich

No clip indicator... I'm hearing the nasty crackling sound! Back off
the GT-5 output and all is well... except the level is now very low
requiring more crank than is healthy for my signal to noise ratio.

-Miko

Miko wrote...
>>I tend to run my GT-5 fairly hot to my Mackie 1202VLZ mixer...
Usually around +3 - +6 db. I inititially tested the DL4 in the GT-5
mono fx loop which apparently doesn't run at that level. The loop
seems to work well with stomp boxes. So I did that for about a week,
listening with delight to my new delay modeller wonder box... no
distortion.

>>This weekend, I decided to check out the stereo capabilities POST
GT-5 into my mixer (and into my Korg AM8000r as well as the EDP) and
found that I had to lower the output level of the GT-5 quite a lot to
eliminate digital distortion in the DL4. This might have been ok to a
certain degree, but the level is in the -4 and below range which makes
mixing a bit of a hassle. I end up boosting things everywhere and
generate more noise throughout my system. So as much as I actually
love the box, I'm making the hard decision to let go of it. Ouch...