Re: Looping with other musicians

Larry Cooperman said:

>My problem is the free association and lack of organization of the
>thing.  The language is secondary but it is a bit idiosyncratic of
>an artist which makes Kim more respectable to me but not while I'm
>reading the manual.

maybe your problem is not with Kim who wrote the manual but with me
who created most of the content. I prefered it to be intuitive rather
than logic. this was an amazing experience.
maybe the funcionality fits less to your focussed music, but you will
find enough...
Daniel Erni http://danielerni.ch did some amazing compositions with
classical guitar.

>I also understand, and I've known this for a long time, that the
>more canned the more dried of blood and guts.

your language is not easy to understand for me either :-)
also: "church lady"?

>  That's my main area of inquiry into the whole looping thing.  What
>is we're looking for as looping artists?  I've used terms like
>masturbation and self aggrandizing and lumping myself into those
>descriptions when I consider looping but I am an adult and use
>language that may be a bit unnerving to those who are following some
>kind of holy writ of looping that may unconsciously exist.

big question, really. masturbation is a good thing. aggrandizing and
lumping also meet strong parts of the experience. Instant (soul/mood)
mirror is still the strongest and most holy for me.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org