Re: In search of a NEW effect --- was: Fill my rack!

At 3:02 AM -0700 5/28/05, Travis Hartnett wrote:

>What software-only effect has come out in the last five years that's
>established itself as a modern classic?  I'm not being facetious, just
>asking for an informed overview from those who have been keeping track
>of that area of sound modification.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is convolution
reverb. It's only recently that computers have enough oomph to really
do this and I think that it really is a different sound ( or way of
making a sound) that is a classic.

Edwin
--

Edwin Hurwitz