Re: Choosing an Audio Interface for Looping - No General Recommendations?

On 30 jul 2007, at 17.55, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> Ah yes...hah hah. :)  Well, at least I have no PSPs anymore, and
> I'm down to Reaktor and Boogex amp simulator as the only VSTs in my
> max/msp system.

Just a short note here: I have always loved some PSP effects and
owned them since the very start. They were a pain in the ass at the
beginning. I was using them in Windows XP because that was the only
supported system and they constantly made the PC crash. But today
some five years have passed since the "Polish Wonder" hit the audio
world and I must say that today's versions are very light on the CPU.
I constantly use Nitro and 608 for laptop looping, playing live
through them with any instrument - on both XP and OSX. Especially
PSP608 gives a great sound (you Kris have sometimes been asking on
this list for which effects I used in some posted track and I have
noted that you tend to post that question when I post something
played through the 608! Must mean something  ;-)  The 608 is marketed
as a tape delay simulator but what it is really good at IMHO is dirty/
musical reverb and a certain analog type harmonic overtone
distortion. I have grown totally addicted to the 608, I always use it
as "input stage plug-in" on my laptops, without much effects rather
than the reverb and the general tone warming effect.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)