Re: Echoplex system version?

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996 jspeer@haverford.edu wrote:

> Can anyone help me with Echoplex?  I am considering buying one, but I
>would
> like to be sure that I am buying the latest version of the system.  What
> are the distinuishing marks or phrases or insignia that I should look
>for?
> Thanks!
> Jim

There's only one version of the Plex currently on the market (unless you
find one of the first 100 or so manufactured.  If the LED indicator reads
"3.0" on power-up, it's one of the very first.  If it reads "3.2", it's
after that.  Get the 3.2 edition.)  The software upgrade is still tied up
in contractual limbo at Gibson/Oberheim.

--Andre