Re: Loop approach: Loop as effect

  Hi you guys, <smile>  -Hope ya don't mind me chiming in on this thread a
bit.  lol!  Ah, the wonders of insomnia!  -I think I'll  spend a bit of
time with my Repeater after writing this.  -my current metallic lover...
lol!
  Anyway, regarding the idea of too much slicing and dicing of loops,
-personally, even if I'm only playing straight ahead soundscapy sort of
stuff, I really like to keep a loop changing to a certain degree.  <smile>
It's just my personal taste, concerning what I, myself, playing the role of
an audience would realy like to hear.  -Where I feel I'm being guided to go
musically.  I like to hear repetition, but also like movement.  -I like a
piece to travel somewhere, and take me with it.  -But still be a consistant
companion.  Does that make sense?
  For me, changing a loop usually  means changing it musically, with regard
to what I might be playing on whatever instrument I'm playing at the time,
but to me, this could be applied to the idea of using the looper itself as
the instrument as well, to bring together the ideas of repetition with
movement.  I bet most loopers try to do this anyway, but it's interesting
to discuss.  <smile>  -at least in my opinion...
  I like the moment and the music to guide me.
  anyway, -just some late-night thoughts...  -Hope yer' all havin' a
wonderfully loopy dream-filled evening...

Smiles,

G-Girl

---

-Then, anything is possible..."