Re: Unidentified subject!

I'm not sure about the new model, but the original Akai Headrush had
the capability of recording up to 11.9 seconds while still allowing
overdubs or up to 23.8 seconds without allowing overdubs. The Headrush
was my first looper, and I loved it. The user interface is simple and
intuitive (or was to me). My wants quickly outgrew its capabilities,
though, and I moved on to an EDP (although at one point, I had the
Headrush, EDP, and Line 6 DL-4 all in the rig at the same time). The
original Headrush was going for a premium on ebay for a while (mine
actually sold for more than I paid for it originally), but now that
the 2nd version of it is available, I'd imagine they're going for less
these days.

The Line 6 DL-4 would also work. It has a maximum of 14 seconds of
loop time (unless you record at half-speed, then you get 28 seconds at
half the sample rate). I think I read somewhere that these have been
discontinued, which is a shame. I'm not sure what they're going for on
ebay.

Since it doesn't seem to matter to you whether or not you have the
capability of adjusting the feedback of the loop, you will not be
annoyed by the lack of that function in either the Headrush E1 or the
DL-4.

Good luck,

Jon Southwood