Re: Defining "pro"

No, a "professor" is one who professes....
A "professional" [occupation] is someone who engages in that
occupation to earn a living.

The term "pro" in regards to gear has been so widely used it's lost
most of its meaning.  If we regard gear as tools, then professional
tools would be those that are constructed to  standards and precisions
deemed necessary by those who depend on them for a living, i.e.
professionals.

I'm reminded of the distinction between an "Oscar-caliber performance"
and an "Oscar-winning performance".  However, in the end, there's only
one definition for an "Oscar winner".

TravisH