Re: My Revised MAX/MSP Looping/Effects Rig

Thanks!  In this case, I fixed the frequencies to that of the last three
frets of my guitar (highest notes). So, whenever I played the highest
note,
it triggers random looping, random effects for the second highest, and
random effect parameters for the third highest.   There is a patch that I
use, created by the inventor of max/msp himself, which analyzes the
frequency of your aud8io input and displays it in numerical frequency
format
(e.g. 100.44, 455.345, etc). After that, I use a conversion patch that
maps
frequency to plain old numbers, 0, 1, and 2. Each of those numbers
triggers
one of the three random functionalities.  I could have max convert the
requencies to MIDI, like what I did with my max/msp guitar synth, but in
this case it was not necessary. I just needed a basic integer to associate
with a random functionality change.
Kris