RE:Looping Strategies

Well, I could def be accused of some of these things, ie..lack of a great set of chops or the like.
But, I've been attracted to looping for these reasons:
1.  I'm getting older and it's just damn hard to organize w/ a bunch of peoples' ever changing
     priorities, musical tastes, responsiblities, etc...
2.  I've always wanted to mix a sort of organic-electric beat sound into my music.  A Handsonic
     serves me well in this case; I play it naturally w/out a strict drum machine sound and loop it
    on into the mix - this is something that I've always wanted to hear and have just come to the
    realization of how to do it (w/ out sitting behind a computer).
3. I love to play a variety of instruments bass, guitar, percussion, singing, etc....and now I can
    do it all! (Maybe I'm just greedy).
4. I guess this is kinda like #1 but, I can now change and flex my show/style according to a gig;
    I can play an experimental type gig w/ noise and loops, I can work some of my simpler arrangements
    and structured stuff or I could go completely ambient and just float away. All this w/ out the need
    to consult a bunch of other people on musical tastes (see #1)
5. And not that I'm even gigging quite yet w/ my new EDP but, if I did happen to make any
    money doing, there'd be more of it.

I have no doubt that some of the things you were saying about the progress of a looper are true
and will readily admit to some of them; however, there are more forces at work here in my own brain.

And that's my $0.02.

-Andy G

PS - Consequently I find it super fun to jam w/ other folks and have some loose impov loop sessions.
Just cause I'm planning things on my own doesn't mean I ever, ever, want to stop interacting w/ other
musicians.  I love the feeling of being independent and not reliant.