Re: PLEASE HELP !!!!

Aaron Austin wrote:
> Allright i checked the sockets as you asked and everything seems fine,
> and i am syncing with the drum machine with the echoplex as a slave  to
> the drum machine.  So i have the SYNC = IN, and QUANTIZE = 8th, and
> 8thCycle= 16

you don't need QUANTISE = 8th
It shouldn't make a difference, but if you're desperate try Quantise=OFF

> then i press play on the drum machine then wait until the edp lights up
> a tempo light flashs and overdub glows yellow telling me it is sync but
> never fails to give me alot of problems so thats that.

the yellow LED is an indication that Midi clock is incoming,
but it comes on right away when midi clock is detected,
and isn't saying you got sync.
(I had to fire up the edp for that knowledge)

when the edp syncs it displays the looptime.

If you don't see the looptime....don't start Record.

It *could* be that you just aren't giving the edp time to sync.

The edp also flashes a green led at the bottom right of it's numeric
display
once a bar for sync.

If you're seeing the looptime before you hit record, and still losing
sync then something's very wrong.
Perhaps the drum machine's not keeping time exactly enough.
( I know that's unlikely...but what else?)

> But i am
> interested in using the edp as a master as u said hopefully saving my
> ass how should i do so ?

Sync = Out, Or Sync = OuS

OuS sends extra commands to the drum machine, you'll have to look that up
if you need it.

then swap round the midi cable in the obvious way

> and i hope this e-mail is descriptive enough
> for a good analysis.

wish I could solve your problem.

I'm away for the weekend, so can't do more til next week.

Maybe someone else here can help.

Claude Voit is the EDP midi guru

Luis Angelo is great at using edp as sync master for a drum machine.

andy butler