Re: What would loopers do without power?

Krispen Hartung schrieb:
> These sort of questions make us think who we really are as musicians and
> what defines us. Are you defined by the technology and looping gear? Can
> you stand on your own and be yourself with just an acoustic instrument
> and feel gratified as an artist? Just seed questions, no assumptions
> here. For me, as much as I rant and rave about the electronics, the
> fact is that I started on the acoustic nylon string, and I could go back
> to it at any time if appropriate, and feel at home and at ease with
>myself.

Funnily, I play my electric bass always unplugged. But I also don't play
it for an audience, but for myself...
These sort of questions are good to ask, but on the other hand don't
make too much sense.
If living in the moment, the moment will determine what I will do.
Sitting alone in a car without radio usually will lead me to sing. But
all this doesn't qualify me as a musician. I qualify as a
musician/artist only in a context with others. Either there is space for
that role or there isn't. If there is, I guess I'd find a way to fill
it. But how, is nothing to think about now.
Electric power is available as I write this, and as I write I don't make
music, which shows, there is maybe something worse than having no power,
having no space/time to make music...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------