Re: Any experienced Ableton users able to give me a hand?

At 4:59 PM -0700 6/4/09, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Mech <mech3@m3ch.net> wrote:
>
>>  Before going any further, go to the I/O section of the new MIDI Track.
>>   There's a trick here we need to implement.  You see, Ableton doesn't
>>  implement internal MIDI routing, but we can get around that by using a
>  > Loopback.
>
>It doesn't?  I route MIDI between plug ins all the time.

Er, to Ableton's internal functions...?

Sorry.  You're right.  If you're sending data directly to an AU/VST
which responds to MIDI, then you don't have to go through this step.

More often, I'm trying to control things within Ableton itself
(faders, send/return levels, etc.) and you do this loopback trick to
route MIDI control directly to Live's parameters.

Unless you've come across another way around this I haven't figured out
yet?

Thanks for the amendment.

        --m.
--
_____
"take one step outside yourself. the whole path lasts no longer than