Re: blech (pedal choices

Hey G,

>Do I get a decoder ring?

Only if you go the software route! :)

>>I can tap in a loop that is pretty accurate for most uses.
>Oh.  Are you saying it has tap tempo?

 that depends on what you call tap tempo. The 2880 works like this: Tap to
start recording and tap to stop recording and begin playback. This is in
non
quantize mode unsynced. This is the way i use it. this is what I call tap
tempo. It works just like the DL 4 in many ways in this mode. If you need
the manual I have a pdf.

As a slave in quantize it's the same thing only you press the drum machine
start after arming the 2880 to start recording then the 2880 button to set
the lenght of the loop and begin playback. I find it virtually impossible
flub a loops timing while quantized in slave mode.

>the ability to store and retrieve loops - rather than a delay pedal with
>looper, if
>you see what I mean.

I see what you mean but this is not my thing. I never play the same thing
twice and can't repeat anything I have ever done exactly. I have basic
themes or variations that i come back to.

Maybe what you need is the software route. Hopefully some of the lappys
will
chime in here. The 2880 will only save one loop on each card. It can have
up
to 4 tracks and a mixdown, etc but this is erased when you press new loop.
Some of the "phrase sampler" type loopers can save multiple loops (Digi
Jamman) but are not midi.

Best of luck on all you do,

Jeff

Out here in the Great Beyond, everything is strange.
The sooner you get used to that, the better off you'll be.
Allen Steele
Galaxy Blues

http://jeffduke.org/
http://www.myspace.com/loopsinphasespace