Re: MY NEW TOY

Word on the street is that if you want *the best* then the Axe-FX is
the route to go:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/products-fa-axefx.html

I have no experience with them but the demos sound great: (even with
youtube compression)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubu8A_wmmNI&fmt=18

The cost seems prohibitive to me, but if you've got the cash and want
the best maybe it's worth it. I found my Vox Tonelab/VF-1 combo to be
good enough for me, and Amplitube to be even better. One thing that
sold me on the software route is that if I want to do something that's
not possible in a hardware set up without a bunch of re-routing I can
do it effortlessly and then call it up as a preset.