Re: Apogee Duet

Hi Chris,
I use an Ultralite mk3. I've not tested the Duet myself but according
to internet forums and reviews the Duet offers the best sound quality
in this price range. But to be honest, I think you can't really
compare the Duet and Ultralite, the specs differ a lot so they are
simply different beasts ;-) My recommendation: if you need top quality
pre-amps for vocals and acoustic guitar and nothing else, I think the
Duet might be a better choice. If you are looking for an allround
multi-track interface for both live and studio usage, go for the
Ultralite.

An additional plus for the Ultralite is that it has multiple balanced
output's. This means it's easy to setup 2 main mixes, one for your own
monitor (usuallly unbalanced) and one for FOH (balanced). No DI's
needed.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/