Re: looping with albeton live

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> If only it sounded as good as Mainstage.

Yes, I agree with you Chris. I love Ableton and the concept of Live
but it just doesn't sound as good to me as Logic/Mainstage for looping
a live input on-the-fly. With Mainstage you get many excellent bass
and guitar amp/speaker simulators as well as transparent sounding
compressor, limiter and multi band compressor. I slave Mainstage by
MIDI Clock to my looper and it works fine since I don't host any step
sequencing stuff etc It's like Mainstage just becomes a part of the
looper with the aim of adding beat synced effects and awesome sound.

There is one awesome thing in Live though that I have not found a
replacement for and that is the the "build-up-freeze" reverb patch. I
love that ice cold never decaying space texture. It's all metal and
vacuum. Only scorpions and bacteria survive...

Per