Re: looping with albeton live

... a 60 seconds tail to change patches will not tax cpu heavily, sjaak?

2009/11/11 Sjaak Overgaauw <tcplugin@gmail.com>
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> I love Mainstage and how it sounds, but I am getting pops and cpu spikes
> still, which makes me mental. Maybe when I upgrade to 4 gig Macbook. :)

Hi Chris,
I use Mainstage and Mobius with a standard 2008 white Macbook with 4
gb of memory. A few tips on how to minimize pops and cpu spikes:
Upgrade your audio card drivers to the latest version. Also, make sure
you use the right buffersize. This depends on how much CPU is used by
the plugins you use. For example, the fantastic Delay Designer can be
cpu hungry. Start with 64 and increase it to 128, 256 or 512 when the
CPU load is too high.

Before I start a live set, I always cycle thru my Mainstage patches
twice; this way the patches are actually activated and that usually
avoids pops or spikes when you switch patches after it. Also, make
sure you check the preference "Silence Previous Patch" which is the
amount of time sustained notes and effects tails continue to sound
before falling to silence when you select a new patch. I use a setting
of 60 seconds and that gives delays enough time to end nicely. Hope
this helps.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/