Re: OT: New MBP... or not? (Firewire still necessary?)

Hi Louis

well, congrats to your birthday and your iMac :))

Here is my personal experience with the transition:
I also first considered using Parallels or Bootcamp. But I've kept both
systems running until I completely switched everything to Mac - now I've
fully ditched the Windows platform.
So, I'd encourage you to look if you can replace your applications in Mac.
Start here:
http://www.usingmac.com/2008/8/1/22-useful-lists-of-mac-applications
Often, it's slightly different but the result is pretty much the same.
I.e., even replacing ActiveSync worked fine using MissingSync on Mac, it
now works even better!
Finally, there are a few small tools I like that are Win-only. For these,
WineBottler has been great: http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
For example, the mp3 tagger Mp3Tag works great with this.

best regards
Buzap