Re: LP2 OR RANG 3

I don't have a Rang, but I've looked at it in my potential drive away from
rack effects. Two interesting points that those with Rangs should confirm.
One good. One not so good.

Good: Per loop undo. Which means that in some sense you have up to 8 loops
available (and in the normal configuration) 6 loops. It's just that only 4
or 3 of them can be playing at a time.

Not so good: The Rang has a sound dip at the recording point to make some
loops more seamless but I would imagine that this would interfere with
delay tails and ambient drones. There are work arounds but these can
involve things like recording a blank loop first.

There's also the frustration that it offers lots of options but the
control surface doesn't have enough buttons to handle them all. There is
supposedly an expander box coming.

Mark