Re: Creating Space

"Let the music unfold, vs. forcing it"

I'll keep this one. Nice Said, Kris.

Santa Claus put a EHX freeze in my basket. I'm trying now to use in my
looping context. It's a fast way to add a drone at the starting point
of the loop and also a quick way to make transitions/fill the gaps
between different looping parts for those like me which don't have a
looper with replace/substitute or feedback control.
Currently my process is:
1/ freeze a chord or a noise,
2/ erase the running loop (digitech jamman),
3/ record the freeze as base on the looper,
4/ stop the freeze and start overdubbing.
5/ goto 1/

The nice thing with the freeze is that you have quickly a sound to
start which can be unexpected ( start with a bottleneck slide, some
harmonics, whammy bend, ...) The trick for me is to give the freeze
some time before adding part to it. I even have the impression that
the sound of the freeze is evolving but it may be an
psycho-accoustical effect or due to my amp (included FX not completely
bypassed?).

This is certainly not new for a lot of you, but it's a revelation for
me, a big jump from the limited possibilities of a single loop with
overdub.
This freeze is one of the best buy since a long time. I'm even
thinking of getting several to run in parallel and finding a way to
send my signal to one after the other.

Ben