Re: How do you all do pitch shifting in performance?

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> There is a pitch shifter in mainstage, but it doe not have a feedback
> control.  You can set up a series of  auxes feeding auxes, but mainstage
> wil
> mute the audio if it "detects feedback".

I use that one, "PitchShifter II", but always set to wet on a parallel
track due to the bad latency it induces. The latency of the pitched
shifted signal is still being delayed but at least the not pitch
shifted signal goes free from the extra latency. I use it set at -5 so
the shifted signal will be lower in pitch and allow the non pitched
signal to take the lead for fidelity and timing issues :-)

If you are looking for the feedback pitch shifting thing it is better
to get a third-party plugin that does it well, for example Expert
Sleeper's Crossfade Loop Synth or SoundToy's Crystallizer (I have
others too that I don't mention, these two are the best IMHO)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen