Re: Here we go... EDP vs. Repeater

> Can someone tell me the basic differences between the two?

Sure:
Repeater: Acid (the software) in a hardware setup.  Brand new, still
working
out some issues and improvements.  Promising addition for loopers.
EDP: Ultimate delay unit on steroids.  Battle tested and proven successful
history.

Anything beyond that requires numerous paragraphs, user testing for your
own
specific uses as they're different beasts, or perhaps a lengthy read
through
the detailed archives of this DL ....  Also, trying to answer much beyond
that really would be like discussing politics or religion.  Everybody has
their own definition of a given feature and its subjective superiority.

I own 'em both and can recommend 'em both.

> and the [EDP] footpedal self-destructing.

What?  I had no idea this was an issue.  I've never had problems.  Plus,
the
foot-pedal was designed to be easily replaceable and customizable with
minimal soldering experience.  Then again, you don't have to have the
foot-pedal companion -- you could always use a number of 3rd party midi
pedals, which is the same thing you'll have to do with the Repeater.

Good luck.