Re: In search of a NEW effect --- was: Fill my rack!

Travis Hartnett wrote:
> Depends on your definition of "mature".  What would you offer as an
> example of a host that's been around long enough to mature to this
> state?

I said "once hosts mature", we're talking about the future.
There aren't any now IMO, at least not one that is both powerful
enough to accomplish what I want and easy enough to use that it
appeals to a large audience.  Here, maturity is all about the user
interface.   If I had to place a bet, it would probably be on Live
or Bidule to get there first.

But really the technology to do this isn't that hard, any number of
vendors could have something within the next few years.   Then it will
take a few years to catch on.  Then a few more years to get a stable
generic hardware platform ironed out.  This is why I don't think we're
going to see a significant number of live performers using software rigs
in under 10 years.   We're in what my profession refers to as the
"early adopter" phase.  But I'm convinced it will become mainstream
eventually.

Jeff