Re: Fripp & Eno 1973 / BBC / Peel /RIAA

It's the notorious web site Allofmp3 based in Russia who showed the
record industry that people are happy to pay for downloaded music when
they can get the format they want and for about 1/4 the price the
corporate sanctioned web sites are charging. Just to show you how
powerful the record industry is, the President himself spoke to and
put pressure on the Russian prime minister to close the site down,
couple to that that the RIAA filed a 1.65 trillion dollar lawsuit
against them and that Russia wasn't going to be allowed into the World
Trade Association unless they closed AllofMp3 down..... well they
didn't really stand a chance.

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/12/22/allofmp3com-sued-for-165-trillion/

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070703-allofmp3-com-breathes-its-final-breath.html

My son tells me that the new site Mp3sparks is down as well now.

I've been using the new Napster subscription service, it's not to bad.
I've found some pretty obscure stuff that I've been looking for a
while now.

Paul Haslem
www.dulcify.ca