Re: Fripp & Eno 1973 / BBC / Peel /RIAA

On 9 jul 2007, at 21.36, phaslem@wightman.ca wrote:

> I've been using the new Napster subscription service, it's not to
> bad. I've found some pretty obscure stuff that I've been looking
> for a while now.

Lately I've started having internet radio stations going in the
background and when I hear something I want to check out more I push
the Audio Hijack button and get it into my iPod playlist for "radio
snags". Then I listen more carefully when walking or traveling. I
look for the streams at 192 kbps and hijack recordings at 160 kbps in
the AAC format. Audio fidelity is ok for listening for finding new
music or learning production and mixing tricks. If I should hear
something really good I go looking for a CD. I have also found new
music by the P2P community SoulSeek by doing a search for something
obscure that I like and then viewing the shared files of someone that
pops up among the search hits (if they have what I was searching for
chances are they have more in line with my taste). I also spend some
time listening to the streams at www.jamendo.com and sometimes
download music for iPod listening. Initially it may be difficult to
sort out the crap but as soon as you get connected with "community
friends"  the recommendation engine starts hinting at "stuff you will
probably like".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)