Re: tangled cords....

> There is two ways to do it:
> short cables you double until they are only about 30 cm and then make
> a knot into the whole multiple strip.
> ... Many have warned me saying that this kills the cable. I
> answer that in the last 20 years it did not kill one of mine. Maybe
> because I dont make the knot it exactly the same spot each time...
>

>           ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org

i learned this trick some time ago and my first reaction was that the
cables would be ruined by the repeated stress.
the guy who showed it to me swore that this was not so, so i tried it.
i have been doing this for about 5 years and no cable problems yet.
i think the stress on the cable at the plug ends is always going to be
greater.
that's why the cable makers usually reinforce the cable there.

no telling what it does to the cable directionality, though. (lol)
maybe a new way to make loops...