Re: OT: Earliest Music Gear I Went Ga-Ga Over

For me, the first piece of gear I got truly obsessed with was the
Minimoog. In 6th grade, our band director, who played keys in a local rock
band and was the coolest guy in eastern Oregon (yeah, I know, not much
competition) brought his in to demonstrate to the class. I was hooked. A
few years later, the local music store had a new one in stock for a long
time. The store was a few blocks from the Jr. High, and I spent a lot of
lunches playing with it. I think they wanted $2000 for it, which was an
unbelievably unattainable sum for me at the time. I eventually got a Moog
Satellite in High School, and a bit later, an ARP Axxe. Still have the
Axxe, though it needs a bunch of work. A few years ago, after a
particularly grueling but lucrative gig, I rewarded myself with a
Minimoog. It really is one of the most playable synths ever. Whenever
anyone comes into the studio, it's inevitable the instrument they are
first drawn  to.