Re: EFC-7 issues

George,

The button you use the most always wears out the soonest.

Those of us who owned EDPs and EFC-7s for a bunch of years found this out
over time.

Even the original simple sturdy red buttons don't last forever.

I bought a bag of those red buttons from Mouser Electronics (a lifetime
supply, no doubt).

Periodically they just went bad (every couple of years for me at least).

I always kept 'em in my gig toolbox along with a soldering iron.

Obviously there is often not time to fix something broken right before a
gig (or in the middle of one).

So I carried an extra EFC-7 as well.

It was either that or go with some expensive and complicated MIDI solution
that has it's own gremlins, demons, and wear/repair issues.

I no longer own any of it but do it all in software - but that was my
experience when I did.

Ted