Re: "Instrument" vs "Effect"

Does it really matter what it IS? Isn't the more interesting
distinction whether you USE it as an instrument.... or an effect. Or
maybe the most important issue is what the listener does hear it as!
Yes, I thing vote for that. And now I'll shut up and listen 'cause I
know that I will most certainly hear the difference between "effect"
and "instrument" and I really don't care since they are all essential
parts of "music" ;-)

per