Re: My Revised MAX/MSP Looping/Effects Rig

On 7/7/08, kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com <kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com>
wrote:

> The only "hold up" is that I like to notate my music and max/msp doesn't
> have notation.  If it would run as a VST plugin, then I could manage the
> Notation on the Cubase side and the processing on the MAX/MSP side.
>
> -- Kevin

Before vesion 5 Max would let you export patches as VST plug-ins to
run inside any host application. The intention with Max is of course
to get this option back in the new version and I, for one, is looking
forward to this. So when they manage to get back on track with that
you may "run it as a VST plug-in".

The type of hybrid between random generative music and improvisational
musicianship that Kris talks about is also my dream. I've been tasting
at a bit in the nineties when using a sampler plus midi guitar, but
since there were not truely random based software available to me back
then I still keep its fulfillment on my top list ;-)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)