Re: Survey: Echoloop + LG Users: Instant Multiply?

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 7:46 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Totally agreed, the EDP style  Multiply is what I'd use most of the time.

I too use the traditional real-time Multiply a lot. It's nice to play
along and add the new longer layer live. But I do use Instant Multiply
(or Instant Divide) in two specific scenarios:

1) If I want to do "phasing" (as used by Stever Rreich in early
compositions It's Gonna Rain and Come Out)

2) If I want to quickly set up a poly rhythmic groove; make one loop,
go to new track and make a complementary loop of a different length so
accents will "wander through the groove" as both loop repeat. I may
combine 4 vs 3 or 3 vs 4 most of the time.

Ops.. there is also

3) For variation. Make one loop, multiply it by 3, set Secondary
Feedback to zero and cut in a few notes to come out just a bit
differently than the previous two rounds. I have found 3 to be the
most useful repetition frequency for re-appearing variations.

Just another 2-cent-ish rambling...

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com