Re: Very OT: Zeitgeist, The Movie... WAS... Semi-OT: Int'l Travellers' Laptops Confiscated...

Thanks for replying, Jeff. I meant to ruffle back, I admit:) And it
wasn't too much. Just too typical.

My feeling is simply that it's not honest to lump ALL of these
conspiracy theories together with the 9/11 questions while crying
"Occam's Razor!," as if any other reaction is uninformed idiocy from
folks who will no doubt have to go look up what "Awkum" means anyway.
I don't have any axe to grind re: 9/11, except that I've watched a few
videos about all the contradictory evidence and the one thing that is
obvious is that not all doubters are crackpots or are even taking
either a left-wing or a right-wing POV.

They're talking seriously and from an engineer's POV about such
apparent facts as that not a single steel-frame skyscraper in history
has ever collapsed due to fire, even though many have burned much
hotter than the Twin Towers did, or could have if it was only a jet-
fuel fire. And no such buildings that HAVE collapsed by accident have
ever fallen so precisely in upon themselves. Etc. Etc. How does Occam
apply here, then? I don't know, but I defer to engineers over Official
Explainers.

It's certainly intellectually cheap, if not dishonest, to invoke Elvis
and Roswell and bail, when you're simply unwilling to even admit that
there are seriously disturbing questions about the whole sorry affair.
History, even very clearly American History, is replete with
ignominious behavior by very powerful, very duplicitous and quite
heedlessly self-serving folks, and it's not enough for me to trump any
possibility of criminality of this sort by simply pointing at
terrorists, who by definition MUST be more "evil" than any American in
Power, while throwing in a bit of "Crack-pot" name-calling for good
measure.

I find it insulting, actually, as well as clear evidence of no
stronger arguments being available from, or any actual inquiring
having been done by, the thrower.

That's all...
dc