Re: looping with albeton live

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Raul Bonell <raul.bonell@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh well, longer. i want to mean the app will have to be processing both
> patches during those 60 sec. and retaining enough ram for the two.

Not an issue. Mainstage actually pre allocates RAM for all patches
within a concert when you load the concert. If your machine doesn't
have enough RAM a concert with too many patches would simply not
launch.
'
I tried that personally and my 4 GB RAM Macbook started quitting
concerts on launch at a bit above 60 patches. But then I had at least
five or six plug-ins in each patch and quite a lot of sampler
instruments containing long audio files; one sample for each note in a
three octave range and then a second layer that doubles up the load.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com